Come to West Liberty, Iowa for the Great Plains Puppet Train
Sept. 10-13, 2020!
Located close to Iowa City, home of the University of Iowa and the internationally renowned Iowa Writers’ Workshop, West Liberty is an iconic small town, with an active main street and midwestern hospitality.
The Regional Festival will take place in various buildings downtown, all within a distance of about four to six blocks, starting Thursday evening with registration, finger foods, a show, and a party. Friday will include workshops, performances in our opera house, and a Puppet Slam. Saturday will feature the West Liberty Children’s Festival, complete with five puppet performances and lots of street food and activities, A street dance with a Latino band, and finally a delicious catered dinner and another performance. Sunday: breakfast, one last show, and farewells to friends, old and new!
For more information, and to register for the Great Plains Puppet Train Regional Festival, please visit: greatplainspuppettrain.com
We Are Looking For the Following Kinds of Shows and Workshops:
- Family friendly outdoor shows for the West Liberty Children’s Festival
- A school show that connects to the curriculum
- Any other show including adult-oriented, small shows, slam pieces, etc.
- Connecting puppetry to the curriculum (for puppeteers and teachers)
- Workshops helpful for librarians
- Business workshops to help puppeteers make a living in the current economy
- Any other workshop including performance, construction, and/or writing