Bring a new brilliance and professionalism to your puppet show with lighting. We can add another layer of professionalism, reality and showmanship to our performances with the use of lights. Learn about both home grown types of lighting, legacy professional lighting and newer LED and DMX/MIDI controlled solutions to your lighting needs. Regardless of the budget or venue of puppets you use to tell your story, the addition of creative lighting can add to your performance. Let’s have a great time exploring all the possibilities and excitement lighting can add to your creations.
- How does DMX work?
- Identify available LED Style Lighting solutions
- Manual DMX controlled lighting
- DMX/MIDI solutions to control of lighting and cues
- Using Venue Magic Software we will create movements, timelines and events for a show (Interactive portion of workshop).
As a result of the interactive items below participants will have hands on demonstrations to help guide them through incorporating these lighting solutions into their next production.
- LED style solutions including those from the DANCE/DISCO style lighting (Includes demonstrations.
- DMX solutions for lighting control and synchronization with your puppet play. Including demonstrations using live equipment.
- Open class time to create and work with some of the solutions outlined in the lecture portions of the class.
- Create a sequential timeline for a play.
Joseph Emory’s history in puppetry goes all the way back to kindergarten. His first puppet experience invoked a love for puppetry that has lasted a lifetime.
Joseph’s technical expertise goes all the way back to self produced shows from elementary school all the way through high school. Joseph performed as lighting director and technical director from middle school all the way through college and on into community theaters in West Michigan.
Joseph’s formal education in electrical engineering and his position for 25 years has been in controls engineering and motion control and instruction, a field where exact timing and motion must be absolute and repeatable. These areas of expertise have been combined in the culmination of MyAir Productions and Joey Emory’s Puppet Barn.
The MyAir Productions Studios have been the source of design and customized lighting for several amazing effects and productions, including MyAir Productions’ own performances where lighting, music, art and puppetry have come together to delight thousands of guests.
A great puppetry performance requires artful, exacting movement and love. Add perfected lighting and sound to that performance and you have an Amazing Performance. Let Joseph Emory help you achieve that goal.