December 4, 2015 at 6:46 pm #12349SymphonySpaceMember
On December 19th at 11am and 2pm, Symphony Space in New York City is presenting puppeteer Bonnie Duncan’s “Lollipops for Breakfast” as part of our Just Kidding series. In conjunction with the performance, Bonnie Duncan and Symphony Space are offering a FREE workshop, “Split Personality: Sharing the Stage with Your Puppet,” at 3pm.
In this workshop, geared toward professional puppeteers and performing artists with an interest in incorporating puppetry into their work, we’ll explore stepping out of the shadows and joining your puppets onstage. Join Bonnie Duncan (known for playing both the main character
and puppeteer of her one-woman shows) for a playful afternoon of generating scenes and stories. Using physical theatre games and partner exercises, we’ll explore dividing your inner attention between performer and puppeteer while generating new material without words.
To learn techniques for generating and performing scenes played between a puppet and their puppeteer, both onstage at the same time!
WHAT TO EXPECT
• Participate in a feedback session breaking down the techniques used to create the non-verbal story of Lollipops for Breakfast.
• Play physical theater games to get your inner critic to shut up and just move!
• Learn specific tools Bonnie uses to create and refine her brand of non-verbal physical theatre, onstage as both performer and puppeteer.
• Create movement and scenes of your own using these approaches.
• Experience a fun and risk free environment to foster new skills.
• Enjoy live music accompaniment, provided by Brendan Burns and Tony Leva.
WHAT TO BRING
• comfortable clothing to move in • snacks and water
• a simple hand puppet
(work puppets will be provided if you cannot bring one of your own)
You can reserve your spot HERE.
We hope see some of you on the 19th!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.