MIKE AND FRANCES OZNOWICZ MEMORIAL FUND
Download the 2015 Oznowicz YOUNG ADULT Scholarship Application & Guidelines
(ages 18-26) WORD DOC – PDF
Mike became interested in puppetry at the age of 8 and continued this interest throughout his life by building and performing with puppets. He was deeply involved with the formation and development of the San Francisco Bay Area Puppeteers Guild. He was a champion of great puppet theatre–of unique and unusual but always superlative performances. Frances, his wife, was trained in Haute Couture and her costume workshops at Festivals are legendary. Mike and Frances were passionate about life, people, and puppetry. This scholarship is to honor them and all their contributions to the art of the puppet.
The Puppeteers of America, Inc., has established the youth & young adult scholarships to assist young puppeteers, puppet makers, and qualified puppetry students 12 to 26 years of age in attending a National Festival. Five scholarships may be awarded in each category.
All applicants must be members of the Puppeteers of America, Inc. Visit the Join Puppeteers of America page for membership information and purchase.
The Scholarship will cover registration for the National Festival of the Puppeteers of America to be held August 10 – 16, 2015 at the University of Connecticut (UConn).
Travel, room, and board and additional fees must be paid for by the recipient.
PLEASE SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING
PLEASE SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING VIA E-MAIL TO email@example.com
- A completed Scholarship application form, submitted electronically as a PDF. Please re-name the document with your name and PofAYouthScholarship. (Example: KatPleviakPofAYouthScholarship).
- 1 letter of recommendation submitted electronically by you. In the body of your E-mail please list who your letter is from and provide a contact E-mail and phone number for your reference. If you would like submit a second letter of recommendation you may.
- Up to three digital photos may be attached with the application. Please include your name in the photos title. (Examples: KatPleviakPic1, or KatPleviakShadowPuppet). In the body of your E-mail please include a description for each photo explaining what you did. (Example 1: KatPleviakShadowPuppet- I made and performed with these puppets in my original show “Tailypo”. The show premiered in 2012 at the Glen Ellyn Public Library and has since performed at libraries all over the Chicagoland area. The backdrops are hand painted with india ink. Example 2: MaryKateRixHedgehog- I performed with this puppet in 2013 in Sea Beast Puppet Company’s production of “Hans My Hedgehog”).
- Please submit all your materials in one E-mail. Different E-mails have different limits for attachments. If you are not able to submit everything in one e-mail please include in your E-mail heading (1 of 2, 2 of 2) etc… Thank you.
* Parents/Guardians of scholarship winners under the age of 18 will be required to (1) sign a release of liability form and (2) register a responsible Guardian who will supervise the minor during the Festival before a scholarship can be rewarded.
* No PofA Trustees, members of the Education committees, or members of the Scholarship Committee may apply. Previous Youth Scholarship winners are not eligible.
* The Scholarship Committee will review all applications in February 2015. All applicants will be notified of the Committee’s decisions around March 1st, 2015–all decisions of the Committee are final.
Email completed applications and questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the 2015 Oznowicz YOUNG ADULT Scholarship Application & Guidelines (ages 18-26) WORD DOC – PDF
ALL APPLICATIONS AND SUPPORT MATERIALS MUST BE RECEIVED BY February 1, 2015.
Festival Scholarship Funds accrue from specific bequests and gifts to the Circle of Support